Retail Food Facilities, Recreational Health
Sacramento County Environmental Health Division (EH) is dedicated to providing regulated businesses in Sacramento County with the information, resources, and guidance needed to operate safely and in compliance with state and local requirements.
EH will comply with Public Health Orders and take the necessary precautions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure and transmission to its staff and the public during field inspections. These precautions include staff training, assessing staff for symptoms, and providing staff with personal protective equipment.
Face coverings are required to be worn when inside any public space, and outside when six feet social distancing cannot be maintained. Face covering requirements and exemptions can be found in the California Department of Public Health Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings.
Retail Food Facilities
State and County guidelines currently allow food facilities in Sacramento County to open indoor dining at a maximum of 25% of capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer. (Updated (9/29/20) Outdoor dining areas may continue to remain open and food may be sold for pick-up or delivery. Please review State Guidance and checklist links below to ensure your facility is in compliance. For questions, contact EMD: (916) 875-8440 or (916) 875-8484.
- COVID 19 Guidance for Restaurants, Bars, and Wineries; Spanish, Chinese (Updated 9/29/2020)
- COVID 19 Prevention Plan Template for Restaurants, Bars, and Wineries; Spanish, Chinese,(Updated 7/16/2020)
- COVID 19 Daily Reminder List for Food Facility Employees; Spanish, Chinese, Korean (Updated 7/16/2020)
- Food Facilities with a COVID-19 Positive or Symptomatic Employee - Response Guidelines; Spanish, Chinese (Updated 8/12/2020)
- COVID 19 Food Facility Posters, Spanish, Chinese (Updated 9/16/2020)
- COVID 19 Food Facility Frequently Asked Questions FAQ, Spanish (Updated 9/18/2020)
- COVID 19 Temporary Outdoor Permit Information (Updated 7/06/2020)
- Guidance for Protecting Your Customers From COVID-19; Spanish, Chinese, Korean
- COVID-19 Guidance for Safe Food Deliveries; Spanish, Chinese
- COVID-19 FDA Summary of Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services
- COVID-19 Guidance for Limited Service Charitable Feeding Operations; Spanish, Korean, Chinese
- COVID-19 Guidance for School Meal Operations
- COVID-19 Mobile Food Facility (Lunch Truck) Social Distancing Poster
- COVID-19 Guidance for Street Vending
Email general retail food inquiries to FoodProgram@SacCounty.net
The plan review section is currently accepting mail-in and electronic plan submittals, only – no walk-up counter service at this time. For information or to make an appointment for a plan review inspection, call (916) 874-6010. Please refer to the EMD plan review webpage for general information.
Recreational Health (Public Pools/Spas)
Public swimming pools may be open while following State and County guidelines. Spas are required to be kept closed. State guidelines for Swimming Pools/Aquatic Venues can be found under the State of California Industry Guidance for Fitness Facilities. To report a violation or complaint: dial 3-1-1 or file a report online: 311.saccounty.net
Facility Cleaning and Disinfection
For general COVID-19 information, visit SacCounty.net/COVID-19 or call the COVID-19 Hotline, 916-875-2400.
For general inquiries call: (916) 875-8484
For Covid-19 complaints call: 311 or (916) 875-4311
Or visit the Sacramento County 311 Connect website at: https://311.saccounty.net/