FAQs - General

​Q01:  Where are you located?

A01:  The Sacramento County Environmental Management Department is located at 10590 Armstrong Avenue in the Mather Park area of Rancho Cordova. The office is South of US 50 off of the Mather Field Road exit. Map of 10590 Armstrong Avenue, Mather, CA (Google Maps)

Q02:  How do I file a complaint with your department?

A02:  For all complaints except food borne illness/food poisoning, the Environmental Management Department utilizes Sacramento County 311 Connect​ at 916-875-4311 or 311. Hours for the Information Center are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., or you may report your concern on-line.

All food borne illness/food poisoning complaints should be called in at 916-875-8440.

Mail should be directed to:

Sacramento County
Environmental Management Department
10590 Armstrong Avenue
Mather, CA 95655-4153

All complaints are handled in strict confidence for the protection of the complainant. Please be prepared to give us the specific nature of the complaint, where it occurred (e.g., name and address of business), when it occurred, and who was involved. You must also be prepared to leave your name and phone number in case additional information is needed to properly investigate the complaint and to provide you with a response.

Q03:  What is "Sacramento County 311 Connect" and why do I need to call them instead of calling the Environmental Management Department directly?

A03:  Sacramento County provides the 311 Connect website and phone number for the convenience of County residents so they have one number to contact for many types of complaints and information requests. Complaints about hazardous material spills, illegal dumping, excessive trash, public pools, sewage, pest/vermin infestation, etc. should be called into Sacramento County 311 Connect at 916-875-4311 or 311. You can also initiate a complaint service request on-line. The complaint is then routed to the appropriate County Department for action.

There are some exceptions: Suspected cases of food poisoning, or food-borne illness, should be called directly into the Environmental Health division at 916-875-8440. EMD is the agency responsible for handling food and food-borne illness complaints for all of Sacramento County, including incorporated city areas.

Sacramento County 311 Connect services the Sacramento County Unincorporated Area; complaints about areas contained within incorporated cities in Sacramento County should be directed to the appropriate city government department. For more information visit the 311 Connect website. Links to the web sites for incorporated cities within Sacramento County are also found on the EMD Links page.​

Q04:  Does the Environmental Management Department handle air quality issues?

A04:  No. For air quality issues and complaints, please contact the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District at 916-874-4800.