Noise Control Program

​The noise program is responsible for responding to complaints related to the County Noise Ordinance, which can be found in the Sacramento County Code, Chapter 6.68 (opens in new browser window). 

The County Noise Ordinance pertains only to the unincorporated areas of the County.  In addition, the complainant must live on a residential property which has a zoning district listed in the Noise Ordinance.

To initiate a complaint, please contact Sacramento County 311 Connect. Customer service representatives are available at
916-875-4311 or 311 or you can report a complaint on-line.

For noise complaints within incorporated cities, contact the department responsible for code enforcement within that city. 

For more information on this program, please contact:

Sacramento County Environmental Management Department
Environmental Health Division
10590 Armstrong Avenue, Suite B
Mather, CA 95655-4153

916-875-8513 (fax)