Transfer Ownership of an Existing Business

​Food Establishments

  • If you are going to transfer ownership of your business and no changes are made to the facility and/or scope of operation, visit the EMD office during business hours. An application for permit to operate and fees are due at time of change. For details please contact EMD Environmental Health Division at 916-875-8440.
  • See also Selling Food in Sacramento County for more information on permit requirements and change of ownership for retail food facilities.

Other Businesses

  • If you are going to transfer ownership of your business, you must notify your district specialist. You may notify us in writing (by fax or letter), visit our office, or contact your district specialist directly at (916) 875-8550.

Sacramento County
Environmental Management Department
10590 Armstrong Ave.
Mather, CA 95655-4153
General Information Phone Number: (916) 875-8484​