Sign up to receive Plan Review (Food Facilities & Public Pools/Spas) latest information
As part of the licensing procedure, any retail food facility, public swimming pool, spa, or recreational aquatic feature that is built or remodeled in Sacramento County must submit plans and have them approved by the EMD Plan Review staff.
Plans are required to be approved prior to construction or remodel. For specific information please contact (916) 874-6010 during regular business hours.
This explains what types of changes may require plan review and how to get it approved.
Food Facility Plans
Food Facility plans are reviewed to ensure that the facility will have adequate equipment and layout to allow for safe and sanitary food service, as required by federal, state and local regulations. Plans and specifications need to be submitted to the department before construction or operation if:
- Construction of an food establishment is proposed;
- Conversion of an existing structure is proposed for use as an food establishment; Changes to the types of food, methods of food preparation, or style of service are proposed;
- New equipment, flooring or finishes will be installed;
- Old equipment will be removed or replaced;
- Remodeling of an existing establishment is proposed; or
- A food establishment has not been previously permitted by the program.
For further details about the plan review process, please visit Food Facility Plan Review forms.
Public Pool, Spa, Wading Pool, and Recreational Water Feature Plans
Pool, spa, wading pool, and recreational water feature plans must be reviewed to ensure that equipment is appropriately sized and designed to maintain sanitary recreational water, free of safety hazards. For construction or remodel of a pool, spa, or water feature forms, please visit Pools, Forms & Documents.
For More Information:
Sacramento County Environmental Management Department
Environmental Health Division
10590 Armstrong Avenue, Suite B
Mather, CA 95655-4153